Photo Credits~

(owl:donaldthompson95 on flickr, luna:BillLepidoptera/harkphoto.com on flickr, willow/fence:trensamiro on flickr, all remaining: Merana Leigh)

Psalm 25:4-5

Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;

guide me in your truth and teach me,


for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long (NIV)





Drench yourself in words unspoken, Live your life with arms wide open,

Today is where your book begins, The rest is still unwritten. ("Unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfield)





It matters not how long we live, but how!



Sunday, October 24, 2010

Old Writing #3

The Significance of My Prayers

The human mind cannot even begin to comprehend all that is God.

As I pray, I thank the Lord for His love, His peace, His strength, and His time to listen to lil 'ol me.

Then is dawns on me: "Boy, I'm acting like I'm the only one who exists. I'm communicating with God as if I'm the only one on the phone with Him." I then begin to understand that I am NOT the only one. While He hears me and I sit quietly to hear Him speak with me, I realize He's also communicating with other believers.

He's performing miracles of healing, protection, conception, and birth. He's comforting those who are hurting, both physically and emotionally. He's guiding His children who are lost in the dark. He is welcoming our loved ones home. He is leading people to food and shelter. He's providing a friend in time of need. He is forgiving us our sins. He is opening His heart to those who give their hearts freely to Him.

He is in every conversation. He is creating the day before me, the songs the birds sing, the glorious sunrise, the arching rainbow, the tranquil river's flow, the gentle rain, the warm breeze, or the invigorating cold. He is sending the butterfly to spread its colorful wings as it lands on a fragrant flower.

He is doing all these things and more, while I sit here praying what must seem to Him such a simple prayer. But the thing is, I also realize that I have His undivided attention. Even my most mundane chores matter to Him. He knows the number of hairs on my head (Luke 12:7) and He knew all there was to me before I was even in my mother's womb (Jerremiah 1:5a and Psalm 139:13).

If He can do all these things, as He unconditionally opens His heart to me, how can I possibly not believe that even my most simple prayers aren't already being answered?

18 comments:

  1. This is great, Merana! ... Particularly the part where you imagine yourself on the phone; no shared "party line."
    Wherever we are, God IS. I'm awed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just how big our God is, isn't He wonderful that we can share in what He has for all of us? He hears all of our prayers at once and yet we have His undivided attention....beautiful post. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful, powerful post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God answers prayer! Alleulia. We should never stop praying and believing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post, Merana. We do serve a big God.

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely post.My grandmother had this print hanging in her home. We all benefit so much from Spiritual Sunday's. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wondrous truth it is to know that the Almighty God of the Universe has time for ME!! I am so grateful that He listens to my every word, and cares about every detail of my life.

    He loves each of us completely...

    GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Merana Leigh, that is an mind blowing thought....that He's listening to each one. Sometimes my girls talk to me at once and sometimes I figure out what each are saying...other times...it drives me nuts. ☺ But we can trust in Him. He'll never let us down ever...I've come to know that. Stay safe and strong out there okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Merana,

    Each day, I become more aware of who God is and still, He baffles me with His capacity; there is no end. I was thinking recently, what it means to be God and I realized that I'm incapable of defining Him; God cannot be defined.

    When He said to Moses, "I AM", I realize that I could prefix those two words to anything and still, I can't come up with a thought that captures a defining statement about God.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for reminding us of how powerfully, awesomely, magnificently great our Father is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is truly mind boggling, isn't it? To think that God has all these things all over the world to attend to and has time to pay attention to me all at the same time. Thank you for such an insightful post.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  12. How blessed we are to worship such a wonderful, omnicient, omnipresent All Mighty God.

    Beautifully written.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great unearthing about the omnipresent nature of our Father...

    Everywhere and personal in the same breath. And we, the privileged recipients of such a lavish love and grace.

    Who can fathom the depths of our God? I want to spend the rest of my earthly life digging deeply into the things of Him.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog and encouraging me on the journey. I pray for you a blessed week in Jesus, full of many moments of pause with Him.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. No matter how long, or how often I ponder the concept of prayer, I am ever amazed at how much I DON'T know. It's so powerful, yet I often use so many other, less powerful devices in it's place. It connects us to God's heart in such a personal way, and changes things; changes me.

    Bless you!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Merana, I LOVE your name..so sweetly you!
    You know, when you talk to God, even though many others are also doing so, he hears you individually...Because, you are so very special to Him. He is so beyond our minds, but I see a giant ear..I see little spots of sunbeams flowing from us to Him, our prayers, our partitions, our plea's, our worship.
    He hears them all...and rejoices with love in us.
    A big hug to you today dear sister...I closed my eyes and clicked on the Bogs I follow, just at random,and God chose you!!! I never do this..but I was meant to find you, and what a joy to see the beautiful butterfly, YOU!!!!!!!
    I love you. CML

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an honor not only to be a daughter of the King of Kings but that He actually takes the time to listen to each and everyone of us!

    ReplyDelete

Those who care to share...