Photo Credits~

(owl:donaldthompson95 on flickr, luna:BillLepidoptera/harkphoto.com on flickr, willow/fence:trensamiro on flickr, all remaining: Merana Leigh)

Psalm 25:4-5

Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;

guide me in your truth and teach me,


for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long (NIV)





Drench yourself in words unspoken, Live your life with arms wide open,

Today is where your book begins, The rest is still unwritten. ("Unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfield)





It matters not how long we live, but how!



Saturday, October 9, 2010

Old Writing #1

Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light for my path (Psalm 119:105)

You will light my way along unfamiliar paths (Isaiah 42:16)


(photo credit: whitewolfjourneys.com)

I wrote this quite awhile back. God has been putting on my heart to share my writings with the world, and even helped me recently find these, as I had forgotten I even wrote them. He's told me point blank to post these...because someone out there desperately needs what these have to say. And now I know that to be even more true, because Satan has tried all kinds of tricks to keep this from posting (as I'm sitting here putting it all together for the 3rd time in the past hour....but this time with a prayer of protection around it lifted up first!). Be blessed by it, dear friends! ~ Merana


In the darkness Lord, You are the light.

~ Just as the gentle flicker of a candle flame, you penetrate the blackness.

~ In brilliance, you pierce through the obscurity.

~ When I lose my way Lord, You are the lighted windows welcoming me home.

~ You are the firelight where I curl up for warmth & comfort.

~ As I navigate through the channels of life, you are the lighthouse beacon to steer me on my course to reach safe harbor.

~ As I read your Word, your lamplight enlightens me.

~ You are my protective night light to chase away the scary monsters in life.

~ You, Lord God, are the searchlights in the night that reach heavenward to broadcast your love.

~ You are an usher with a flashlight seating me where it is best for me in life’s theater.

~ In emergencies, you are the track lighting on the floor to lead me to the nearest exit where you wait with loving arms.

~ You are the harbor lights, dear Father, leading me ever closer to shore.

~ You show me the brake lights in order that I may stop before harm comes my way.

~ Your neon lights flash “Love Here for the Taking”

~ Abba, You are my stage lights to showcase my talents with which you have blessed me.

~ Your street lights show me the way as I continue on life’s journey.

~ Your headlights are on high beam, to illuminate dark roads traveled, and to share with others the glory of your love.

~ Your light is much more beautiful than the most glorious sunset, Lord – and there is no dimmer.

~ And then you are the bright, quiet beauty of the full moon to fill the night sky.


Thank you Lord, God, for being my lamp and my light. I have found that there is beauty...and peace...and rest in the light!



11 comments:

  1. Merana....what your wrote is so true.. He is the light that shines in the darkness. I'm so grateful for that. I love how you wrote each piece emphasizing that awesome incredible Light. Thank you for following your heart to post this...and hey...I love your last line the best.. Stay strong out there.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this today Merana Leigh. How very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Merana... That is so beautiful!!!!
    So many people need this reminder that through the dark times... Christ is their light!
    Thank you for sharing. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merana,
    What a very inspiring post. So many lights to compare our Lord with! I was blessed by them all!! I can see why satan tried to stop it from being posted.... as he doesn't like light! Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Merana. Thank you for sharing this today.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Beauty and peace and rest in the light,"--love that. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merana, that was soooo beautiful! Thank you for sharing! :)

    Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post. I love light. I love how you used all the different sources of light in this post. Thank you for sharing it. Light is so important. Jesus is the light of the world. We are to let our light shine. Obviously God likes light a lot too.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Merana,
    Beautiful journaled thoughts and prayers..
    I love to journal my prayers and thoughts..
    Not that any one would care but just in case there might be one I have started to journal our devotions and prayers in our family blog.

    Thanks for sharing,
    I was blessed by your words,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is so beautiful!I'm so glad you shared this with us.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. Powerful, life changing words...it is so good to share it with the world.

    ReplyDelete

Those who care to share...