This picture hangs in my bathroom & I always notice it. THIS time, I decided to list them, which you'll find below...
(and in no particular order, I might note! and to which, I'm sure to add to)
1. Lord, I praise you & thank you, that I can have a relationship with you. I'm not worthy. I never will be. But you love me anyway... that's pretty awesome! And that I live where I can freely worship you and speak of your glory without worry of harm or persecution!
2. discovering blogging & the friends I've made here! (ok...and the HOURS I spend lost in blogland...when I can!)
3. The mountains...the smell of mossy, earthy beauty! And the way the clouds cast shadows on them. And OH TO LIVE THE REST OF MY DAYS HERE ONE DAY!....
4. The sound of rain (& yes, even thunder...and especially now that my boys are no longer afraid of it!)
5. friendships I've maintained over years and tho' many miles separate us! (Find Out Who Your Friends Are by Tracy Lawrence says it all!)
6. Recognizing that friendships can form with different generations (dear friends Katharine who is 90, and Betty who is 74!)
7. listening to the laughter of my children playing with their friends!
8. seeing pictures other people find of God's creation - http://didyoubringyourcamera.blogspot.com/
or even me...
9. cooking...just for the pleasure of it...when nobody's starving & listening to smooth jazz cd's while doing it. (My favorite being potato chowder or baked spaghetti) And Father, thank you that I have food readily available, the resources, and the ability to do it all when so many do not!
10. my ever-favorite mocha-colored hazelnut bliss!
12. my front porch sanctuary
13. candlelight & the soft glow it creates in our home
14. the sound of crickets & birds singing in the morning
15. having the Spirit reveal someting new in Scripture I've never seen before!
16. good music that makes you just close your eyes, nod your head, and "move to the music" as it takes you back!
17. God's Eye (as my son calls it)..
18. laying under a tree to watch the sunlight dance thru the leaves
19. The opportunity to see this past summer just how blue is our ocean from being out in it!
20. Sunrises and sunsets
21. this lovely place - the Wyndham Resort in Freeport, Bahamas - that we visited this summer
22. the chance to be whimsical with a freshly opened jar of peanut butter
23. But mostly, Lord, thank you for these little cherubs & the life you've blessed us to now have! (Well...ok...cherubs may be pushin' it sometimes...but they sure are a blessing! Thank you for entrusting me with their care!)
even when ...
oh, and P.S., Lord...thank you that one of these guys who's apparently been living in our basement drop ceiling that we thought was out of the house & dead in the street MONTHS ago, didn't get very far in the basement before the Snake Guy came over & got him (and for putting me in "mom mode" this time instead of "freak out scared hysterical woman mode" like the first time I saw it!)
Take stock of your life. Trust me...it'll make you smile & make your troubles seem to become less!