Photo Credits~

(owl:donaldthompson95 on flickr, luna:BillLepidoptera/harkphoto.com on flickr, willow/fence:trensamiro on flickr, all remaining: Merana Leigh)

Psalm 25:4-5

Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;

guide me in your truth and teach me,


for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long (NIV)





Drench yourself in words unspoken, Live your life with arms wide open,

Today is where your book begins, The rest is still unwritten. ("Unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfield)





It matters not how long we live, but how!



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lenten Studies #3

C.S. Lewis again...2 days' studies combined in my thoughts.

"What would really satisfy us would be a God who said of anything we happened to like doing, 'What does it matter as long as they are contented?' we want, in fact, not so much Father in Heaven as a grandfather in heaven - a senile benevolence who, as they say, 'liked to see young people enjoying themselves.'"

I believe that is so true. We'd like to continue on our merry way & when we get in trouble, give a shout out to the God of the universe to come fix everything we just messed up. But what we should heed, is when Scripture tells us:

Philippians 4:11-13 (New International Version) ~ 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Ephesians 4:22-24 (New International Version) ~22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Lewis then continues, "God is both further from us, and nearer to us, than any other being...He makes, we are made: He is the original, we derivative. Our life is, at every moment, supplied by Him: our tiny, miraculous power of free will only operates in bodies which His continual energy keeps in existence." Think about that. Yes, we have free will....so we could choose to turn our backs on Him. But He's still with us, He still loves us. The sheer fact that we're still alive to utilize the very gift of free will to turn our back, is itself because He is ordaining that to happen.

"WOW!!!" .... that's about all I can say!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Those who care to share...