Photo Credits~

(owl:donaldthompson95 on flickr, luna:BillLepidoptera/harkphoto.com on flickr, willow/fence:trensamiro on flickr, all remaining: Merana Leigh)

Psalm 25:4-5

Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;

guide me in your truth and teach me,


for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long (NIV)





Drench yourself in words unspoken, Live your life with arms wide open,

Today is where your book begins, The rest is still unwritten. ("Unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfield)





It matters not how long we live, but how!



Friday, March 11, 2011

Friendship

I think God allows friendships to develop, flourish, and even sustain over great amount of time as a way to demonstrate his vast love for us. I've had this demonstrated recently.

#1) there's ALWAYS my best friend, Nanette, back home. We've known one another since we were 10. She comes home every time I do (she lives 6 hours from there, I live 13) just so we can see each other. We talk almost every day. When schedules make it so we don't talk for a few days or even {gasp} a week, we go through withdrawal!

#2) then there's Alecia. We met our freshman year of college. We talk every few weeks (ok, sometimes, months). But it's one of those things where you pick up a conversation like you just had it the day before.

#3) then there's Kathleen, who lives down the street. She's a busy mom of 4. We don't get together much anymore. But I know she's there & that she loves me, as I do her. We'd be there in a heartbeat for each other, if it were needed.

#4) I got a surprise phone call this past Sunday evening. An old friend from back before I had kids. Mardelle & I started working at the company the same day. I left when I started my family, she left not long after. We've only kept in touch via Christmas cards over the years. The sad thing is, we only live 45 minutes away from one another. But somehow we all, I believe, just let life pass us by. Delle took the time to reach out to me. It was a fabulous conversation full of laughter, as she & I were so known to do! We hung up with promises to get together once I finish painting my hallway & stairway...so in a few weeks. We're now connected on Facebook (I LOOOOOVE Facebook!) I honestly felt a euphoric "high" all evening after we talked & I talked about her to my kids.

#5) now I have you, my BB's. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I value all of you for your insight, inspiration, laughter, prayers, and friendship through this Internet chasm. I value you all! Thank you.

And mostly, Lord, thank you! Thank you for reminding me that even when I feel alone because I don't physically have someone to share things with, and even when I get upset with you b/c you can't hold my hand, give me a hug, or even a poke in the ribs.....you still find a way to reach out to me....in friendship! I love you!


Visit Spiritual Sunday here for inspiration and friendship!

10 comments:

  1. Relationships are so important to God and do we ever need them! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe that God gives us friends to encourage us. I've had two incredible women friends in my life. One is with the Lord now, and the other lives over 1000 miles away. Yet their friendship has been a rare jewel, and I am so thankful to the Lord for allowing me to know these amazing women.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Merana,

    This is a wonderful, thoughtful and caring expression on friendship. God created relationships for a purpose, and no matter the distance, time, or circumstances in our lives, relationships matter. They allow us not only to express our thoughts, fears, and love, but they also allow us to facilitate healing the brokenness in another's life.

    Yes, the Lord still finds a way to reach out...

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. you truly have a wonderful circle of friends.
    praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really identify with this post. I have friends of over 60 years that I still keep in touch with by phone and on facebook. They are very special to me. Then there are friends I've met in the past 2 or 3 years through blogging. It's amazing how attached to people you can get who you have never actually met in person. I'm thankful to God for all my friends. God is good.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. God reaches out and speaks to us through our friends. It is one way he shows his great love for us. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so grateful for the amazing friends that fill my life....including all the cyber buddies.....have a great weekend.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog. If I had a "Like" button under your blog and under these comments, I would hit it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post touched my heart,it makes me want to call my best friend since I was 2. Thank-you for sharing this post today.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that each of our friendships can be different but they are all so important in the grand scheme of things. You have inspired me to take time to reach out to some friends this week.

    ReplyDelete

Those who care to share...